Tiny Salutations

Tiny Salutations

About

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Getting close to done!

Our house is coming along nicely.  It is getting close to done.  We have it insulated.  The only things we have left to do are build the furniture and put all the shingles on.   We used rigid foam board for the ceiling insulation and recycled denim for the wall insulation.  We also finished the trim on the outside. 
Cutting rigid foam insulation
Ceiling insulation installed

Finished trim around the windows

Insulated walls
Recycled denim insulation

We put an offer on a small piece of land.  Unfortunately, when we called the county to discuss our plan, they said no.  In Mason county, you can only live in an RV for 180 days.  Our house is registered as a travel trailer, is on wheels, and all the systems are fully self-contained.  So we couldn't put our house there.  It was not buildable land, so I don't know what you could do with that land. 

It seems that there is no legal place to put our house.  So, we may be forced to just travel in our house.  I just don't even know yet.  I really think that you should be able to live in anything you want.  It seems unconstitutional to make it illegal to live in whatever you want.

Lilliwaup view

Graveyard near Lilliwaup



L got a pair of glasses.  It's freaking adorable.  He has a swallow study today and appointments with the sleep clinic and the ENT at Children's this week.  Hopefully we will start to get some answers about why he stops breathing so much.

Layne's glasses
Unfortunately, I have had a really hard time with lupus lately.  There were a couple days that I couldn't walk even with my cane recently.  I also had to go to the ER, because I had such terrible rib pain that I thought something else was wrong- maybe something with my lungs.  I think it was just my ribs being swollen from lupus.  I was crying hard in the lobby of the ER, so better to be safe than sorry.  I am hoping things get better, since I am back on my full dose of chemotherapy.