Tiny Salutations

Tiny Salutations

About

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Love & Marriage- April's Moment's III



In April I took wedding photos for my little brother.  His family is pretty stinking cute.  I've always been close to my brother.  I had a lot of fun building forts, reading books, telling stories, comforting and pretending with him.  When my mother was pregnant, they didn't know if he was a boy or a girl until he was born.  Everyone said they guessed she would have another girl, but I told everyone that no, I was having a brother.  It was something I wanted so much that I just presented it as a fact.  I love little boys.  The way they play is so much more in line with the way I think and play.

It is not simple to always be head over heels everyday.  That is just not real, but I think that my husband and I are quite happy almost all of the time.  Having a sick child, and being sick, puts a lot of pressure on relationships, and many people struggle to deal with that day to day.  So in honor of marriage, here are some of the things that my husband and I do to stay a happy couple- and a happy family in general. 

1.  Draw funny faces, cartoons, and stick figures.
2.  Make silly songs, noises, stories, and faces.
3.  Make backstories for things like a songs, strangers we see, characters in movies, etc.
4.  Read together so we can talk about the story together
5.  Picnics
6.  Watch silly scary movies
7.  Learn new things together
8.  Make simple traditions
9.  Learn how to talk to each other and listen to each other
10.  Family hugs

People have called us the 'perfect couple', and while I wouldn't say that by any means, I do know that to make our marriage work (and relationships in general, with anyone), we need to be willing to be silly, spend time with each other, and have real and meaningful conversations.

So here are my favorites of my little brother's wedding photos.  The wedding was at the courthouse, but I took pictures in the tulip fields (which by the way had a lot of trouble this year due to the weather).
















And of course, I had to get pictures of Layne in there too!