Tiny Salutations

Tiny Salutations

About

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's Day

I have two great dad's in my life: my own and my son's.

Fathers are good for...
 ....a pillow anywhere you go (aka their belly)
.....big encompassing hugs
.....having more fun with your toys than you do
.....encouragement to reach your goals
.....a shoulder to cry on
.....dropping you in the deep end (figuratively) when you need it
.....wrestling... especially around all of those things Mom says not to rough house near
.....winning all the levels you get stuck on in your video games
.....for reaching the top shelf
.....teaching you how to drive without holding on to the dashboard the whole time
.....cleaning the bottles at midnight you both thought the other was going to clean earlier
.....someone you can count on to be there in that moment you could use someone

I'm blessed to have two fathers in my life who do these things.

So, happy father's day!

To my Dad....


 ....walking on the beach with me

....teaching me to read


....being silly

....walking me down the "aisle" (aka muddy area between tulip rows)

....being there for me in that moment that I needed it- the day they said my son and I would die- on the way into surgery

.... meeting my son for the first time

....holding my son for the first time

....being silly (I love this one!)

....and building spaceships out of blocks
And my son's Dad (aka my husband)....

....reading to him on his birthday

....holding him for the first time

...."kangaroo care"

...proud Daddy
 This photo above can also be seen on The Mighty here:
http://themighty.com/2015/06/53-photos-of-fathers-helping-their-children-through-challenging-times/

....being a NICU dad is tiring too (this is in our temporary housing in the city)

....sharing smiles before leaving the NICU

....exploring a waterfall

....holding him up to see critters

.....I think this says it all... follow me Dad!

.....being cool together

....to explore those hard to reach places

....for big run-across-the-whole-field hugs
 And for both those Dads that taught their kids to achieve their dreams....

...my Dad's graduation

....and my son's Dad's graduation (just a couple days after leaving the NICU)