Tiny Salutations

Tiny Salutations

About

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Newborn Photo Session I (and some growing)

I think this is my favorite of the newborn photos
This is my beautiful best friend and her newborn (3 days old). This one is a photo session I did quite a while back now. I can't believe it, but soon I will be doing a photo session for this little guy turning a year old. Time goes by so fast when they are little. 
This is my favorite photo of her. One of my favorite portraits I've taken in general. She's so beautiful, and motherhood only adds to that.
This blog post is mostly a photo session, but there is one thing that I would like to say while we are here. Everyone hears the cliche "time flies when they are young" when they have children. I get that. There is one thing that I didn't expect as much when hearing this cliche.... time flies when your friends have babies. Once you have babies and your friends have babies, you lose track of time just being a family and holding it all together, and you miss out on being witness to the lives of the people and families you love (unless, sometimes, they live very close). I would love to be around this great lady and her family. They have always been very loving and generous to our family. But life tends to get the better of us. We get busy during the weekdays with doctors and therapies. Long periods of time are swallowed by bedridden illness. The weekends tend to be precious bits of time that get doled out to tasks to be done, things to be seen, and bits of time to visit friends one at a time. Then, there is distance, knave to quality time spent with loved ones.

I like to believe that the point of life is to find genuine, not superficial, beauty. Certainly, spending time with genuine friends, such as these, qualifies as such. Finding time to live and be present in beauty, among parenting and among illness is a difficult task, but one very much worth trying for every day. One thing that I wish never changed as you grow older is the time you have to spend with friends. I hope to make that time more often.









I also want to share some other photographs I have taken of these two as this little guy has grown. 




And just one photo during pregnancy. One of my biggest regrets in life is not being able to do a maternity photo shoot for this lovely lady, but you can certainly tell she was just glowing.