Tiny Salutations

Tiny Salutations

About

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

365 Days of Something Beautiful Photo Project: March

I know, I know. March was practically a lifetime ago. Here is the March installment of my 365 Days of Something Beautiful Photo Project (click here to read about the beginning of the project).

I know I have been neglecting this space, a space that has over the years become important to me and, as I have found out, to others as well. I have been simply overwhelmed with responsibilities, and I have found that I haven't the time for all of them. As my son has grown, homeschool has become a bigger part of our day, as has therapies/treatments for autism. I have been diagnosed with more rare diseases. My son was ill from a "cold" for nearly four weeks in March, from which I also suffered bronchitis/early pneumonia. The absolutely most chaotic and time consuming of all though is... that we have to move. Rather suddenly. So we have to try to scramble to get out of our current house with very little money, very little time, and very little "ability" (I can't quite move any boxes around, can I?). Thankfully, we have had several wonderful people come to our aid. However, we still have to get our house packed and moved and our truck the rest of the way mended in very little time and almost entirely with only our own imperfect bodies. So I have had no time. For much of anything. I do, however, still hope to do better in not neglecting this important space, and I thank everyone that has hung on during this blog-drought!

Now, enough, to March's 365 Days of Something Beautiful!

March 3a: Rain on the window
March 3b: Rain on the window
March 4a: Home Depot building project (rain gauge)
March 4b: Home Depot building project (rain gauge)
March 5: Veggie sushi
March 6a: Snow catching spring by surprise on the Maple
March 6b: Snow catching spring by surprise on the Maple
March 7: My son hugging Toothless and being odd
March 8: We participated in a genetic autism research project called SPARK.
March 10a: My son throwing rocks in the Puget Sound at Kennedy Creek Natural Area Preserve
March 10b: My son throwing rocks in the Puget Sound at  Kennedy Creek Natural Area Preserve
March 10c: Kennedy Creek Natural Area Preserve
March 11a: Ethnic Celebration- lovely ladies in traditional clothing of different regions of the Philippines at the Filipino-American Community of South Puget Sound booth
Macrh 11b: Ethnic Celebration- storyteller at "Story Telling: Celtic Women of Ancient Scotland" presentation (by the Seattle Scottish Highland Games)
March 12a: Oyster shell
March 12b: Oyster shell
March 13: Light of stars
March 15a: My sick baby boy getting emergency care
March 15b: My sick baby boy being snuggled by Daddy at emergency care
March 16a: A Cairn and the Virgin Mary in the hospital garden- the melding of different cultures for the same purpose, comfort to those in need
March 16b: My poor sick child in emergency care again
March 17a: Light rays through the clouds
March 17b: Light landscape
March 18: Celtic copper cuff
March 21: My son and I did a great month-long homeschool unit about awesome women (March is Women's History Month) and we created a banner crisscrossing the wall in honor of the many women we learned about!
March 22a: Chrysanthemums
March 22b: Chrysanthemums
March 23a: Mima Mounds (our favorite park in the area)
March 23a: My son scanning the surrounding area (Mima Mounds) with his tricorder. {For those that will ask, I built this tricorder myself out of assorted pieces of wood and paint (and a hinge) as a Christmas present for mon petit Capitaine-- and for others that will ask- this is from Star Trek ;) }
March 23c: Our son at the Mima Mounds, tricorder in hand
March 24a: Lichen
March 24b: Moss
March 25a: The inaugural flight of our newly made kites (made at the LOTT Wet Science Center- in the background)... look at that joy! 
March 25b: Our son flying his new handmade kite
March 25b: Our son flying his new handmade kite- he's getting the hang of it!
March 26: Grey Squirrel
March 27a: A blanket of small wildflowers
March 27b: The Red-breasted Sapsucker that loves the birch tree in our backyard
March 28a: Rain on the cherry blossom
March 28b: Rain on the cherry blossom
March 29a: My husband had eye surgery on only one eye, which resulted in the dilation of just one side!  
March 29b: An earthworm running from the rain
March 30a: My son smelling a dandelion in a park filled with cherry blossoms
March 30b: Cherry blossoms (and sunshine!)
March 30c: My dashing husband
March 30d: Cherry Blossoms
March 31a: Magnolia Blossoms
March 31b: Magnolia Blossoms
Stay tuned for April's 365 Days of Something Beautiful! (And some actual writing too)